Football is pure passion and this season further proves why the game is simply the best. That passion that makes the games truly remarkable would’ve been lost but thanks to the incredible fans across Europe. football became a sport of merit.
And that is why today, the likes of Lille, Sporting Lisbon, Inter Milan even Rangers are champions.
Crazy moments in moment in world
-Lille sold Pepe and Gabriel to Arsenal for £95m and used that money to strengthen the squad in en route to winning Ligue for the first time in 10 years. Arsenal finish 8th.
– Sporting Lisbon are the Portuguese champions for the first time in 19 years. Probably the reason why Cristiano Ronaldo mum want him there next season.
– Rangers are champions for the first time in 10 years. Steven Gerrard and co. ended Celtic’s 9 year winning streak and did it without losing a single match.
– Atletico Madrid are the Champions of Spain after 7 years in the wilderness.
-Christophe Galtier: He saved Lille from relegation in 2018, helped them finish 2nd the following season and two years later, made them champions of France. Truly remarkable story.
– Jose (Lille captain) and Carrasco (A. Madrid) were both teammates in Dalian Yifang in the Chinese super league. Things though didn’t work for both players and they returned to Europe. Surprisingly, both players won the league with their respective teams.
– Bayern Munich were the only side across Europe’s top five leagues this season to successfully defend their title. PSG, Juventus, Liverpool, FC Porto, Celtic and others all lost there’s
– Lille conceded just 23 goals in the 2020/2021 Ligue 1 season, fewer than any other side across Europe’s top five leagues.
– 35-year-old Burak Yilmaz who cost just £0 has SMASHED £300m Neymar & Mbappe out the window. 16 goals, 5 assists in 28 Ligue 1 games.
-AC Milan finish fourth for the first time in four years.
– In his final Premier League appearance for the club, Sergio Aguero scored his 183rd and 184th league goals for Manchester City, surpassing Wayne Rooney’s record for most Premier League goals for a single club (183 with Man United.
Robert Lewandowski: The striker scored 41 goals with 7 assists in 29 games. To put things into perspective, only 11 Bundesliga clubs have scored more goals than him this season.